There’s no denying that rates of social media use are growing at jaw-dropping, exponential rates. According to eMarketer, the number of people engaging with one another via online networks has grown by 80 million in just the last six years…
SO, HOW CAN TODAY’S BUSINESSES CAPITALIZE ON THIS TREND?
By integrating social media into their customer care strategy, of course!
Below we’ve highlighted six of the top ways that social media can enhance customer care at the enterprise level:
- Promote more human/one-on-one interactions. Social media provides the opportunity for your brand/enterprise to promote a tangible human touch through personalized and sometimes humorous interactions with customers. Ditch the scripts, and have authentic, relaxed, and genuine conversations with your consumers. With features of a social enterprise platform such as publishing chains of approval, there is no risk associated with your representatives releasing un-canned respones.
- Encourage feedback from customers on social. They will feel more connected to the brand, and will receive the message that their opinions matter. Here they can voice suggestions, so that you can know exactly what your customers are yearning for. By encouraging people to share positive experiences they have had with your brand, word of mouth advertising will take its course, bringing you a larger following.
- Deal with negative feedback in real-time. By setting response-time goals within your social media team, another measurable facet of customer care performance is born. For most consumers, 24 hours is both reasonable and acceptable, but some retail enterprises have response-time goals as short as five minutes! With a social platform such as Tracx, measuring these goals has never been easier.
- Keep an eye on your competitors. For example, if a competitor is offering a significant promotion, you may want to follow suit in order to avoid missing out on opportunity. Monitoring competitors’ social accounts also allows you to find out what people like or dislike about their brand, and you can adjust accordingly.
- Create a permanent support database. If the same FAQs keep coming up on social, begin documenting these somewhere that customers can access the answers easily. This allows the customer to choose how they get their information, and customers like choices.
- Identify demand moments that will increase sales. Identify and interact with potential customers in the appropriate stages of the purchasing cycle. Social media is the easiest forum within which a consumer can voice interest and be responded to immediately. Find out more about demand moments here.
THE TRACX SOCIAL ENTERPRISE PLATFORM ALLOWS ALL BRANCHES OF YOUR ENTERPRISE TO CAPITALIZE ON SOCIAL MEDIA, INCLUDING YOUR CUSTOMER CARE TEAM.