Instagram is the third-largest social media network by monthly active users, yet only 55% of marketers are using Instagram for business. What?!
Back when Facebook paid $1 billion for the photo-sharing app, many questioned the wisdom of Mark Zuckerberg’s decision. Five years later, Instagram is now worth between $25 and $50 billion, depending on who you ask. With 600 million monthly active users and an exploding ad network, Instagram should be on every marketer’s radar.
Furthermore, brands do exceedingly well on Instagram, experiencing the highest engagement per post of any social media network. A full 53% of Instagram users follow brands on the platform, and they’re more likely than users of other networks to use Instagram to research brands and products. No wonder the platform is a favorite for the beauty, fashion, and travel industries.
Whether you’re in need of Instagram 101 or you’re an Instagram master, there’s always room to learn about this ever-evolving platform. Luckily, our friends over at Website Builder have you covered. They put together the below infographic and packed it with 139 unique facts about everyone’s favorite photo-sharing app.
Instagram 101: Did You Know…
- Over 80% of Instagram users live outside the U.S.
- 56% of Instagram users make more than $50,000 per year
- Instagram users share 95+ million photos and give out 4.2 billion likes per day
- Clarendon is the top filter in the world
- The Golden State Warriors lead the NBA in Instagram followers
- The top emoji on Instagram is the heart ❤️
- Wednesday is the best day to post on Instagram
- Nike is the top brand on Instagram with 68.1 million followers
- Top brands post 4.9x per week on the platform, 50% more than they did in 2015
Consider this Instagram 101 — read on to discover the 139 tips, tricks, and stats you need to know: